Thursday, June 4, 2009

Bird Listening


Photo: Birds in the CloudsEricka Bailie-Byrne, ELBfoto.

I got a CD from the library on bird sounds. I have only listened to it once, but today I heard some birds... and they all still sound to me like: 

Bird 1: Cheep-cheep-cheep-cheep-cheep

Bird 2: Twitter, twiiiiiiitter

Bird 3: Da-da-da-da-da

I'm definitely not an auditory learner!! I'll give the CD another whirl; in the meantime, I'm not going to quit my day job. Although I heard that you can volunteer with the Department of Natural Resources to record data like frog noises around your home, and you give them the data, and that helps them in their work. Maybe I'll look into doing that.

Thanks to Ericka Bailie-Byrne for permission to use her photo!

On another nature-related note, be sure to stop by the San Diego Zoo's Panda Cam. They also have a link to the new, magnificent-looking Elephant Odyssey.

No comments: