Thursday, January 8, 2009

Odds and Ends!


Reading: Harry Potter y la cámara secreta... Yep, brushin' up for translator certification... The original book title, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, should really be translated as Harry Potter y la cámara de secretos... It's more than just a secret chamber (as the Spanish-language title suggests)--it's a secret chamber that holds secrets. So I'm nit-picky! I like to think of it as having a high standard for accuracy.


Watching: Monk, Season 5; The Office on Hulu.com (how often do they change those episodes?), and Mr. Rogers: What Do You Do with the Mad that You Feel?, and The End of the Affair. That reminds me--The Out of Towners is on TCM tonight--have to tape it!


Moving: Jazzercise last night, but I'm more sore and stiff than energized, which I usually feel the day after class.


Stalking: AeroMexico, to make them give me back the price of the ticket to Guadalajara they never sent me and then charged me for. I know, it sounds made-up, right? It's not. Word to the wise: don't buy from them!


Making:

Trying to teach myself to make a purse/clutch using the wet-felting method. Also making pins from some vintage cake toppers!


Wanting: This Tiny (I mean really tiny) nose ring from Nataliaraya, who is really sweet and is from/lives in Costa Rica, and who accepts custom orders for her cool jewelry, so check it out! (The pic is at the top of this post--Blogger doesn't seem to like me to move photos around to the middle of a post.)


Did you notice today's date, 1/8/9 works out to 1 + 8 = 9? ;-)


What are YOU up to?

No comments: