Sunday, August 17, 2008

Featured Artist: Regal Beads






I have a soft spot for all things Canadian. My latest Canadian "discovery" is a wonderful Etsy shop I want to tell you about: RegalBeads. Kim hails from Thunder Bay, not far from Minnesota's Grand Marais and a very lovely place.

Kim has immense patience: Look at the gorgeous bracelets she weaves from thousands of tiny little seed beads! (Those pesky beads roll everywhere, as you might well know!) She also uses fire-polished crystals.

Kim says, "have loved doing crafts for most of my life (in fact, my dad loves to tell an embarrassing childhood story on me about this passion ;))
Both of my parents are quite creative, and passed this down to me!  I started beading over five years ago and took to it like a fish to water.  I love the feel of the beads in my hands, the challenge of a new pattern, and the joy of a completed piece!"

Kim is a member of Etsy Beadweaver Street Team and I love her generous spirit and readiness to promote her teammates' shops: She says, "If you are wanting a style that I might not make, but know you have seen made with seed beads-CONVO ME [via her Etsy shop] !! I know MANY seed bead artists, the street team I am in is quite diverse, and I can probably help you find what you are looking for!!"

Be sure to visit her Etsy shop and take a look around! 

Custom? Yes!

2 comments:

Eileen said...

Very much enjoying your blog, now that I've visited. I'd love to have you visit me at mine (blatant blog advertisement, I'm shameless), as well - maybe we could have tea and cupcakes!
:)

I can see why the photo arrangement problem is frustrating you, though! I hope my advice re Firefox helps with that issue, as well as the others...

Regal Beads said...

Thank you for this :)