Monday, May 26, 2008

Lilacs and Hailstorms


It has been a beautiful Memorial Day weekend, for the most part, here in Minnesota. The lilacs--my very favorite--are in full bloom and gorgeous. And yesterday we had a hailstorm, and a tornado touched down not far away (in the northern suburbs), wreaking a lot of damage, unfortunately. The photos and videos I've seen of this event are breathtaking (and not in a good way).

TeamMN happenings: The event at Blick last weekend was a lot of fun! We got to hang out with friends Jenna of ArtisticEdition, Ericka of ELBfoto, Jess from MiltonandMargie's (that's her cool candle in a repurposed mug, above!), and meet some new friends, also. It was great of Blick to host us. We'll get some good mileage out of the discount cards! I've been poring over the catalog and thinking about the possibility of making my own resin molds. 
I also found out that if you go to Blick.com, you'll get Stanley Security Solutions' site. Random! So for Blick, you have to go to dickblick.com.

I did some soldering this weekend, and I really need to get a new iron. It's very hot but the heat isn't transferring. It makes for frustrating work! 

Reading: 
Nancy Drew: Mystery of Crocodile Island

2 comments:

jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jessica said...

Thank you for including my candle! Yay, Blick Event!