Monday, February 4, 2008

Featured Artist: Witty Workshop

"Witty" is a very fitting word for this cute and unique Etsy shop! Witty Workshop features the creations of Canadian artist and illustrator Valérie Parizeault. And she's an art teacher--a woman after my own heart! And I love her work!




One of my favorite pieces in her current offerings is "Book Adventures (Cupcake Recipe)" (above). Valérie explains, "I'm very fond of my childhood books. I think that one of the best gift you can give to a child is the gift of reading. It spawns adventures, excitements and brilliantly lights up their imaginations." I couldn't agree more!



Valérie's work is imaginative, whimsical, and very original. Her art has a wonderful spirit to it!

I also love how she features different gems of "wittiness" in her shop announcement. Today's is: Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.-Buddha



Valérie describes herself as "A Treehugger, a chocolate passionate, a coffee conoisseur (I've work several years as a Prima barista), a French Canadian, a daydreamer, a wannabe yoga wiz (not there yet!), a good cook..."


Blog: pot-aux-roses.blogspot.com

Shop: WittyWorkshop.etsy.com.

No comments: