Monday, February 18, 2008

Featured Artist: Railyuh

Photo: Rocky Coast by Railyuh

Railyuh.etsy.com features gorgeous photography with excellent black-and-white contrast--with an equally sumptuous range of tones in her color work-- highlighting ingtriguing choices of subject matter.

Annie says, "I find that black and white photography helps me see the world from a different point of view and brings out the beauty in every day objects. I like to see things from a different angle and bring out the lines or details of something that is otherwise ordinary."


She lives in North Bend, Oregon, a place I really want to visit. This photograph, Redwood Forest, makes me miss the redwood forests of California!


Curious about where the name Railyuh came from? So was I! In her profile, Annie explains, "My first name is Aurelia (pronounced uh-rail-yuh), but I grew up going by my middle name because Aurelia was hard to spell and pronounce. By the time I was in high school a shortened version, "railyuh," became my nickname with a few close friends. It soon became my online screen name, hence my shop with items "made by Railyuh!"
Above: Crater Lake National Park by Railyuh
Railyuh.etsy.com offers photographic prints, postcards, photo cards, and note cards.
Annie is involved with several Etsy street teams, including Etsymom, EtsyBloggers, Etsywearers, MDCetsy, and POE.



Custom? Yes!
International: Yes--Annie is in the process of adding international shipping to her shop!

No comments: