Saturday, January 19, 2008

I can't believe I'm knitting!


... Maybe because... I'm not knitting! Just kidding. I had a fun time learning to knit with Chelsey and Jenna of The Cozy Corset Cuff, and Karen of Unblinking Eye. Caroline was our kind and patient teacher.

I really liked learning it, even though it was challenging. I can see where you could just get going and knit for hours, especially in the cozy indoors in the winter, chatting with friends and sipping coffee!

I was so proud when I mastered "casting on," and then I learned that that's only one of the many steps! Oh, well!

Surprisingly, I was the only person who wanted to save their first knitting product. It's more of an abstract design, but maybe this will catch on!

I picked up the book When Bad Things Happen To Good Knitters at the library, figuring that the least I could do until our next session is to read up a bit on it.

I can't wait to knit a scarf! Stay tuned!

Here is Unblinking Eye's Blue Agate Stained Glass Panel, which I love...




And here is the Cozy Corset Cuff in Chocolate Blueberry Swirl--this is the cozy I have, and I love how it keeps my hands warm but not burning-hot when drinking coffee. I think I'm going to order a custom one in the Hansel and Gretel fabric they have at CraftyPlanet.

2 comments:

adam brown said...

look this is the "diet" i told you about you should really enter the site :) bye enter the site

barb michelen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.