Sunday, December 2, 2007

Featured Artist: CraftyMoose!

What a great name! CraftyMoose!




CraftyMoose is a wonderful shop on Etsy that features French beaded flowers, beautiful art dolls, cute mini-quilts, holiday decorations, and much more.



I love this ACEO:



Title: If you're still waiting for your ship to come in...row out to it!

It is done on 140 lb. watercolor paper, acrylic paint, and decoupage. She explains--"What is an ACEO? If you know what they are, they are completely addictive to make and to own! For those not familiar with them, ACEO stands for artist cards, editions and originals. They are small works of art in any media, the only criteria being they measure 2 1/2" x 3 1/2"."



The beaded hummingbird (pictured at the top of this post) is gorgeous and very intricate! From the description: "I hand formed this hummingbird with 20 gauge black wire. His wingspan is 5" and he is a little over 5" long. I used a variety of czech glass seed and bugle beads in different finishes to bead the body & wings. The head is beaded in metallic green & ruby transparent and the chest in peach with a pearl finish. The wings are done in crystal clear, topaz & copper. There is clear monofiliment attached so the hummingbird can be hung in a window or from a mirror."



What a fun shop! CraftyMoose explains, "I have been crafting for as long as I can remember. I am self-taught and have enjoyed painting, needlework, quilting, polymer clay and jewelry making. Most recently, I have found myself drawn to beads and have returned to the art of french beaded flowers. I enjoy making original, one-of-a-kind butterflies & dragonflies. I am also introducing a new line of one-of-a-kind beaded art dolls and suncatchers."



You might be wondering how the name CraftyMoose came about! In her profile, she explains, "The name Craftymoose came about because of my love of crafts and my husband's love of moose. My avatar is the head of a 4'+ tall moose I made him one Christmas!"



Shop: CraftyMoose.Etsy.com



International shipping? Yes!



Custom orders: Yes!



Blog: http://craftymoosecrafts.blogspot.com



Web: http://craftymoosecrafts.com

2 comments:

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Thank you for the nice feature! I truly appreciate it!

Nicole said...

nice feature. what a wide variety of items!