Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Featured Artist: SilverDragon Beaded Wonders

Yes, she is a rocket scientist.




And a former ballerina.



And an amazing artist.



Patricia Vener of the Etsy shop SilverDragon, creates gorgeous, drool-worthy beaded jewelry. Just look at this Hot Pink Fuzzy necklace. Gorgeous! "Beaded wonders" is what comes to my mind when I see her work.



When we asked her about that project, she said, "Yes, Hot Pink Fuzzy did take a long time to complete. But at the same time, when I was working on it I also worked on other pieces at the same time. I enjoy the work because I feel that I am building something - Art.I love things that are detailed and intricate and completing such work makes me feel very competent and even, to a certain degree, powerful in a way.



What inspires her? "Inspiration comes from so many sources and facets of my life, both internal and external. A great many ideas come to me during that nebulus at the cusp between sleep and wakefulness - those would be the ideas that arise from the workings of my subconscious. Other ideas spring up when I see or feel or read or hear something outside myself - perhaps a gorgeous sunset or an image or a passage or a leaf or an equation - right now, for example, I feel my subconscious working on something from Maxwell's equations. Can't wait to see what I come up with!"



Thanks for chatting with us, SilverDragon! Check out Silver Dragon on Etsy and at http://vener-art.com/.

2 comments:

The Mommy and Me Boutique said...

Very nice feature; I am sure silver Dragon will appreciate it!

Giftbearer said...

I like the fascinating angle you used in this one bringing in the rocket scientist part of her life and how it relates to the art.