Saturday, November 10, 2007

Featured Artist: Linda Chandler




Linda Chandler showcases her lovely jewelry in her Etsy shop, LChandler, and her Web site, http://www.jewelrybylinda.com/.



Linda works in gold, silver, and precious metals clay. She explains that her designs are uniquely her own and she never reproduces them.



Here is a lovely handmade basket-weave wire bracelet in her Arrowhead design.




Linda says, "I’m a self taught jewelry artist for over 20 years and still learning. Metal Smithing has been my passion for several years now. There is no rhyme or reason to my style of jewelry making, that pretty much ended years ago with so many fine art shows and repetitive work. My work derives from anything that’s pleasant looking to my eye. There’s never a plan or scheme, I can be intrigued by a simple curve of a stone or structure of a building. It’s all about design, variety and persuading unique pieces to come together with symmetry."

Linda Chandler has been creating jewelry for over 20 years. Linda started with wire wrapping and evolved her own original style, with an emphasis on weaving. Passionate about her work, Linda has studied jewelry making all over the country: Arrowmount, the Midwest Federation, Metalsmithing Society in Illinois, the Gemological Institute (GIA), Indianapolis Art Center, The William Holland School of Lapidary Arts and, as taught and taken classes at (SFMS) Wildacres Retreat in North Carolina.

3 comments:

Jewelry by Linda said...

I just love it...you had to go everywhere to find all this information.
Great job.
Linda

ALilSumptinSumptin said...

That pendant is stunning! Great feature! :o)

Jewelry by Linda said...

alilsumptinsumptin:
Thanks...I love making the resin pieces but it takes a lot of time.
I will be adding rings next...I hope...LOL
Linda