Monday, October 29, 2007

Featured Artist: Yaslani

Today's featured artist is Yasmin of the Etsy shop Yaslani.




I love the unique pendants in her shop, especially the set of flower pendants, featured above, and, of course, Alice in Wonderland, one of my favorite stories.


We enjoyed talking with Yasmin and learning more about her work.

How did you come up with the name Yaslani?
My name is Yasmin and my daughter is Leilani….Yaslani!

We share a love of loteria! Your pendants are awesome. How did you become interested in Loteria?
I’m always on the lookout for fun pictures and ephemera. I love color and Loteria has a lot of color!
You have a lot of experience in art. How has your work changed or evolved?
Although I did have formal training, the majority of my artwork is about experimentation. I’m not a huge fan of rules when it comes to art so I just do what I feel.


Do you have any tips on making time for one's artwork and creative projects?
I have a lot of tips! LOL!! The most important thing is to never ever give up and do something related to your artwork or craft every single day. Set goals and make a plan. Even if you only take 10 minutes, every moment will count towards your goals.


Yasmin adds, "I love Etsy and I’m thrilled to be part of a community of such brilliant artisans. It is truly an honor."
I love her tip about working on your art every day, even if it's only for ten minutes. It makes a lot of sense!

http://yaslani.etsy.com/ is filled with fun and colorful pendants, including custom photo pendants you help design!

1 comment:

Elements by Dawn said...

Excellent interview! I adore Yasmin's art too.